5 For Writing is THW’s daily sporadic cornucopia of hockey related headlines. If you have a link that you think should be here feel free to fill out the form at the bottom of the page and we’ll be sure to have a look.
- Sean Avery punches Simeon Varlamov; commentary and trash talk ensues.
- Dominik Hasek is coming out of retirement (again), but this time to play in the Czech Republic. Meanwhile, hell freezes over.
- Montreal Canadiens fans booed the American National Anthem last night, and it’s apparently becoming quite a HABit. Get it? HABit? Never mind.
- Greatest Hockey Legends put up a nice piece containing their top 10 famous goals of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Barry Melrose’s mullet makes an appearance.
- Devils goalie Kevin Weekes recently talked with InGoal Magazine, where he touched on rehabbing his injury and Tiger Woods. Have a listen.
- Meet Crystal, a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning Girls. She teaches the first grade and says that “every day is a new learning experience for me and my students.” Certainly.
- Apparently the Rangers fans have potty mouths. Who knew?