THW’s NHL Draft War Room Rankings (E-Mac): #23 (Feb 2014)
THW’s NHL Draft Rankings – The Next Ones Edition (aka Chris’s List): #30 (March 2014)
21 – ISS, Feb-14
22 – Craig Button, Jan-14
24 – Future Considerations, Feb-14
27 – NHL Combined – Mid-term, Jan-14
31 – Bob MacKenzie, Jan-14
- Quote 1: Neate Sager at Yahoo! Sports Canada, “Sweden’s youngest player, who just turned 17 in August, emerged as a “crowd favourite” with his tenacity during the two pre-competition games. Karlsson is considered a potential top-15 pick in the NHL draft. Also, for clarity’s sake, he is the younger brother of the Erik Karlsson who is also with Sweden, not the Ottawa Senators defenceman.”
From the THW War Room
- Eldon MacDonald, THW: A few words on Anton Karlsson:
- Leader – Captain of two Team Sweden U17 teams plus the 2013 WJC U18 and the 2013 Ivan Hlinka.
- Deadly on the rush – His ability to make top notch plays at high speed make him especially deadly on the rush.
- High-end skills – Explosive skater, high-end passer, soft hands around the net, elite wrister and a killer one-timer.
- Tough to play against – Excels at going to the net, undaunted physically, tenacious, solid checker; loves to roil the opposition and put them off their game.
- Draft placement – Mainly in the twenties; Anton will have to have a breakout 2014 U18 WJC to move up significantly as his results to date have not matched what was expected from his skill-set.
- Video 2: U20 WJC Day 10 from HockeyBuzz.com
About NHL Draft War Room Series
This series is compiled by Eldon MacDonald and edited by @ChrisRalphTHW)