Sidney Crosby vs. Bobby Ryan
Let me first say Sidney Crosby is an amazing hockey player. But as a Fantasy Hockey manager and die hard hockey fan I’ve decided I would have preferred #2 draft choice Bobby Ryan over #1 Sidney Crosby from the 2005 Draft. Call me crazy, but I think in the long run Ryan will show he is the better hockey player than the over-glorified pre-madonna, Crosby.
5. Facial Hair – Being a newly turned 22 years old, these 21 years old’s should be more than capable of growing facial hair. Bobby Ryan is just as baby faced as Sidney Crosby, but Ryan sports the skipping a shave here and there look while Crosby looks like a 15 year old hitting puberty in need of a shave when he sports the playoff beard look. Sid, please hit puberty.
4. Crosby’s nickname – Someone, somewhere is proud of this nickname, but Sidney and those at the NHL who love him as the face of the league are probably horrified by the nickname of “The Kid”. Ryan hasn’t been in the league long enough but with a name like Bobby Ryan, who needs a nickname. I wish I had two first names.
3. Sid’s a diver – Sidney could be on the U.S. Olympic team for diving. Now I won’t live in denial and think he is the only one, because he isn’t. Problem is Sidney is the (baby) face of the NHL, pick a guy that doesn’t flop on the ice like a fish and then stare down the ref for the call. Its pathetic Sid, grow up. I pulled that garbage when I was like fourteen; I think you can rise above it now. For Ryan, he is considered a Power Foward, he doesn’t shy away from big hits and is much the same type of player as Ryan Getzlaf. In a recent game against the Buffalo Sabres Bobby Ryan was injured twice and came back both times to keep playing. Sidney would just lay on the ice like he is dying for pity.
2. Sid is a whiner – as much as there’s a joke here to call him a wiener, ill settle for the mature high road and just say the constant chatter to refs for him to get special treatment is sickening. I never thought I could find some truth in Flyer’s fans taunting, but they might be right on about Crosby. Maybe he really is a girl? Ryan is a quiet leader for Anaheim, still searching for his own voice in the locker room, his leadership is through his play, while Crosby thinks having a “C” makes him special, special ed maybe.
1. Crosby only seems to skate hard when he has the puck – My bantam coach would have a stroke with some of the ways I’ve seen Sidney skate. It could be possible he is trying to save his legs a bit but still, as the captain and emotional leader of a team he should skate hard when on the ice. Maybe it is just my coach, but that is what I was taught. Ryan on the other hand is always fighting for the puck in the corners and is truly an all around player.
Is Sydney Crosby your man? or Bobby?