THW’s NHL Draft War Room Rankings (E-Mac): #24 (Feb 2014)
THW’s NHL Draft Rankings – The Next Ones Edition (aka Chris’s List): #15 (March 2014)
- Hashtag: #MrForecheck
- Nickname: Fabbs
- Team: #9, Guelph, OHL
- Position: Centre
- Shoots: Left
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 166 lb.
- Born: Mississauga, ON, 22-Jan-96
- Twitter: @RFabbri9
27 – Future Considerations, Feb-14
27 – ISS, Feb-14
30 – NHL Combined – Mid-term, Jan-14
31 – Bob MacKenzie, Jan-14
37 – Craig Button, Jan-14
- Profile 1: Tony Saxon at GuelphMercury.com
- Profile 2: Mike Repertorio at Pro Puck Prospects
- Profile 3: Brendan Ross at Dobber Prospects
- Kyle Woodlief from USA Today.com, “We just love his up-tempo game, lightning quickness, smarts, and aggressive play down low among the big redwoods. Nothing deters him.”
- GM Mike Kelly: “Robby is the most dynamic 17-year-old forward to come through the Storm organization since Jeff O’Neill. Absolutely driven to be an elite NHL player.”
From the THW War Room
- Eldon MacDonald, THW: A few words on Robby Fabbri:
- Mr. Forecheck – You just have to watch this guy for his forecheck skills alone; he is that little dog that always gets the bone.
- Motor – His motor is like one those under-sized motor bikes that is grinding away at full throttle all the time, no matter what the gear or the situation.
- Skills – Acceleration – excellent; top gear – outstanding; agility – elite as he is so elusive; hands – soft around the net and an excellent passer; shot – quick with an excellent release. Top the physical skills with outstanding vision, desire and you have yourselves an outstanding hockey player.
- Draft placement – Late twenties or early thirties on most lists; size is the only thing holding him back from going much higher.
- Video 1: Top prospect review from RogersTV.com
- Video 2: Shootout winner against Niagara Ice Dogs from Eric Balnar
About NHL Draft War Room Series
This series is compiled by Eldon MacDonald and edited by @ChrisRalphTHW)