|Opened:||Oct. 20, 1996||Home Team:||Tampa Bay Lightning|
|Owner:||Hillsborough County, Florida||Capacity:||19,902|
|Location:||401 Channelside Drive, Tampa, FL||Former Names:|
Ice Palace (1996–2002)
St. Pete Times Forum (2002–2012)
Tampa Bay Times Forum (2012–2014)
Amalie Arena (officially stylized as AMALIE Arena) is a multipurpose arena in Tampa, Florida, used for ice hockey, basketball, arena football, concerts, and other events. It is mainly used as the home for the Tampa Bay Lightning of the National Hockey League.
The building opened in 1996 and was initially known as the Ice Palace. In August 2002, the building’s naming rights were sold to the St. Petersburg Times, which became the Tampa Bay Times in January 2012; accordingly, the arena was known as the St. Pete Times Forum (2002–2012) and Tampa Bay Times Forum (2012–2014). In September 2014, the arena was renamed Amalie Arena when the naming rights were transferred to Amalie Oil Company.
- Oct. 20, 1996 – Lightning vs. New York Rangers (5-2 win)
- Stanley Cup Final – 2004, 2015, 2021, 2022
- NHL All-Star Game – 1999, 2018
- NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Final Four – 2012, 2016, 2023
- NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament (round one and two) – 2003, 2008, 2011
- NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament Final Four – 2008, 2015, 2019
- ArenaBowl XII, XVII
- WWE Survivor Series 2000