Why join THW?
- Be a part of one of the largest, most-respected hockey publishers
- Have control over what you write – you will be able to write breaking news articles, historical pieces, features, prospect content, and more.
- An unparalleled network of writers, scholars, and influencers
- Rock solid publishing platform
- Get paid for your work
- Opportunities to become a credentialed media member – in recent years, we’ve had writers attend the NHL Draft, NHL Draft Combine, and World Junior Championship.
We have a huge audience of over five million monthly visitors. These include NHL executives and HR people, hockey publications, player agents, and radio and tv personalities; all sorts of hockey people will read your work.
- Experience writing hockey content for a notable and reputable outlet.
- An ability to consistently deliver high-quality work and a willingness to grow.
- A social media presence for sharing your work and potentially the work of your colleagues as well as interacting with your readers.
When applying, please include a few lines about yourself, your hockey background, and your writing experiences. You also need to send links to your work. At least one link to an article that was published within the past year is required. A link to either your Twitter or Instagram account is also required. This should be a profile that you would use to share articles and interact with your readers.
Please send all of the above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Writing Teams
Boston Bruins, Calgary Flames, Detroit Red Wings, Edmonton Oilers, Montreal Canadiens, New York Rangers, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Winnipeg Jets.
The above writing teams are full at this time. If your preferred team is not on that list, it can be assumed that it is available. However, even if your preferred team is full right now, it doesn’t mean that you should not apply. You can start by covering another team (or multiple teams) until a spot does open up. We also have opportunities available to cover all things prospects, including the draft and World Junior Championship.
We receive a lot of requests and are not able to reply to everyone. If you do not receive a reply within three days, it means that we are not moving forward with your application.