The Stanley Cup Playoffs are …………..
– physically and mentally grueling.
– what the regular season is played for.
– late nights at the game, or in front of the television.
– where heroes are made.
– when overtime means something.
– sell-outs on a nightly basis.
– where mistakes equal goals.
– where officiating changes from the regular season.
– when players sometimes lose their minds.
– where national television broadcasts actually have pre and post game shows.
– a time for white outs, rats, octopus, and green guys come out.
– game 7 madness.
– where experienced veterans are so important.
– a time for friends to gather in front of the television.
– where tears of happiness and sadness are shed.
– a time to make your power plays count.
– a time when you not see a shoot-out. Yeah!
– where unknowns turn into stars.
– often dirty, and always gritty.
– where defense takes on a new importance.
– a time to drive the net.
– where heroes turn to zeros.
– 63 nights of intense hockey.
– what the sport is all about.
Is there anything better than the Stanley Cup Playoffs!