The rumor mill is one of the most controversial areas for a hockey fan. Different names on different days make for the most interesting conversations around the water cooler.
The daily rumor roundup takes a look at some of the latest rumors making waves, and shares them all in one place so you don’t have to search around. Let’s take a look.
[quote_box_left author=””]Reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. It’s information that is circulating around the hockey world. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.[/quote_box_left]
- The New York Rangers have taken Keith Yandle off the trade block.
As long as Ryan McDonagh is out, Keith Yandle is not going to be on the market. There’s no way the Rangers can move a piece like that.”
- Arizona Coyotes forward Mikkel Boedker is looking for a significant raise from his current salary of $3.75 million.
During Thursday night’s “Insider Trading” segment on TSN, TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reported that Boedker is looking for a six-year contract worth around $5.5 million per season.
- Winnipeg Jets captain Andrew Ladd wants to remain with the team, but he’s tired of waiting for answers about his future.
“There’s been some communication this week between his agent, J.P. Barry, and Kevin Cheveldayoff. But the team is still going through its evaluation process largely because of the contract extension agreed to and signed by Dustin Byfuglien. But Andrew Ladd is not officially on the trade market yet. He wants an answer moving forward.”
- Carolina Hurricanes general manager Ron Francis has spoken with the agent for pending UFA and captain Eric Staal.
“As long as CAR remains in battle for playoff spot, difficult to chart a course vis a vis future of Staal et al.,” McKenzie tweeted.
- The Los Angeles Kings were “all-in” on acquiring Dustin Byfuglien before he re-signed with Winnipeg. Now the focus is on looking for another defenseman.
So that news was tough to digest for the Kings. Other possibilities now? Perhaps Dan Hamhuis, if he’s willing to waive his no-trade. Or Roman Polak?
If you’ve heard of any substantial rumors, let us know in the comment section below. Also feel free to discuss the above rumors with fellow fans. And don’t forget have fun with it!
Don’t forget to stay up-to-date on everything regarding the 2016 NHL Trade Deadline with the official trade deadline hub of The Hockey Writers. You’ll find a list of every deal, all players with No-Trade or No-Movement Clauses as well as a list of the best available players. Find everything you need right HERE.
Michael is a former Managing Editor for The Hockey Writers. He’s covered the Buffalo Sabres, along with the NHL in general, for various outlets since 2009. His work has been featured on outlets such as Yahoo, Sports Illustrated and Fox Sports.