The rumor mill is one of the most controversial areas for a hockey fan. Different names on different days make for the most interesting conversations around the water cooler.
The daily rumor roundup takes a look at some of the latest rumors making waves, and shares them all in one place so you don’t have to search around. Let’s take a look.
[quote_box_left author=””]Reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. It’s information that is circulating around the hockey world. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.[/quote_box_left]
- In order to trade for Dustin Byfuglien, it looks like a roster player, draft pick and a prospect has to go back to the Winnipeg Jets.
- Don’t expect a major move with the Penguins to happen until the off-season, if at all.
“Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, however, doubts either guy will be moved. He points out the club is currently up for sale, and dealing away Crosby or Malkin could affect its value. Friedman also believes it’s up to ownership, not management, to make that decision.
Most importantly, there’s the respective no-movement clauses of both players. If they’re unwilling to waive them, there’s no deal to be made.”
- The extension between the Los Angeles Kings and Anze Kopitar continues to get closer.
“Was told this evening that NTC/NMC part of deal has been ironed out.”
- There will be no shortage on suitors for Jonathan Drouin as the trade deadline approaches.
USA Today lists six teams as the best fit for Drouin: Toronto, Arizona, New Jersey, Columbus, Vancouver and Nashville.
- More Drouin news: Elliote Friedman says the Lightning have tried to move him before to no avail.
“I just feel that it’s going to be an expensive price. From what I can also tell, Tampa has looked at moving him in the past, and they’ve never found a deal that was close to what they wanted.”
If you’ve heard of any substantial rumors, let us know in the comment section below. Also feel free to discuss the above rumors with fellow fans. And don’t forget have fun with it!