With the Top 100 NHL Prospects (Skaters) now in the books, we take aim at the masked men. Who are the next wave of potential impact goalie prospects set to invade the NHL in the next few years?
But how do these prominent goaltender prospects stack up against each other? THW brings you The Next Ones Top 30 NHL goalie prospects.
This was perhaps as difficult to establish as it was to reach a consensus ranking of the eligible prospects. We could have simply used Calder Trophy eligibility as a basis. Hockey’s Future also has a complex system to clarify what constitutes a NHL prospect. In the end, we settled on the following subjective criteria:
- Age: 25 years old or younger
- Has not established himself as a NHL regular
- To clarify further, if they were in the NHL the last quarter of the season and not sent to the minors or CHL at season’s end, then they are no longer a prospect.
- Must be drafted or signed by a NHL team
The following talented young netminders were deemed ineligible for this list, although the argument could be made for each to be included:
- John Gibson of the Anaheim Ducks
- Andrei Vasilevskiy (Tampa Bay Lightning)
- Joni Ortio (Calgary Flames)
The Next Ones Top 30 NHL Goalie Prospects – Summer 2015
Printable PDF Format:
- Only a portion of the table displays by default; you can scroll over to see the rest of the player demographics and statistics or select View full-size workbook option, which is the icon in the bottom right hand corner, to view the full table.
- Be sure to scroll over to see all the specifics and stats for each prospect
- The spreadsheet is searchable; simply click on the spreadsheet and utilize CTRL/Command “F”
- Most prospects are also linked to their elite prospects profile
Have Your Say
Chris is THW’s senior draft/prospect analyst and a Managing Editor. Watch for “The Next Ones” Prospect Profile series, exclusive rankings, mock drafts, as well as the annual THW NHL Entry Draft Guide. Follow @ChrisRalphYQ on Twitter as he infiltrates, dissects and analyzes all happenings of hockey prospects and the NHL entry draft. Email: cralph[at]thehockeywriters[dot]com