THW’s NHL Draft War Room Rankings (E-Mac): #14 (Feb 2014)
THW’s NHL Draft Rankings – The Next Ones Edition (aka Chris’s List): #17 (March 2014)
- Hashtag/Nickname: #TheBull
- Team: #51, MODO, SHL
- Position: Left Wing
- Shoots: Left
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 187 lb.
- Born: Kramfors, Sweden, 13-Sep-96
- Twitter A/C: @adriankempe
7 – Craig Button, Jan-14
13 – NHL Combined – Mid-term, Jan-14
21 – Future Considerations, Feb-14
22 – ISS, Feb-14
27 – Bob MacKenzie, Jan-14
— Claes Elefalk (@elefalk) January 31, 2014
— ISS Hockey (@ISShockey) February 5, 2014
- Craig Button, TSN Director of Scouting at TSN.ca:
“Adrian is an excellent skater with speed and he uses it to get to openings and to back off defenders. He’s a player who understands how to use that skating to maximum benefit and to create chances.”
From the THW War Room
- Eldon MacDonald, THW: A few words on Adrian Kempe:
- The bull – Adrian is not your typical Swedish dangler; he is more like a bull in a china shop that heads directly to the net and is not afraid to run over anyone in his way.
- Size and speed – At 6’2, 187 lb., Adrian possesses the size and speed that today’s NHL teams are looking for.
- Other skills – Adept playmaker, good stickhandler, heavy shot, elite wrister, tenacious forechecker, decent defensively.
- Draft placement – With all the small players in this year’s draft, Adrian is likely to go sonner rather than later – the teens most likely.
- Video 1: 2013-2014 Highlights from Hockey Prospect Videos
About NHL Draft War Room Series
This series is compiled by Eldon MacDonald and edited by @ChrisRalphTHW)
Chris is THW’s senior draft/prospect analyst and a Managing Editor. Watch for “The Next Ones” Prospect Profile series, exclusive rankings, mock drafts, as well as the annual THW NHL Entry Draft Guide. Follow @ChrisRalphYQ on Twitter as he infiltrates, dissects and analyzes all happenings of hockey prospects and the NHL entry draft. Email: cralph[at]thehockeywriters[dot]com