THW’s NHL Draft War Room Rankings (E-Mac): #18 (Feb 2014)
THW’s NHL Draft Rankings – The Next Ones Edition (aka Chris’s List): #29 (March 2014)
- Hashtag/Nickname: #MrBig
- Team: #17, US U18 NDTP, USHL
- Position: Centre/Right Wing
- Shoots: Right
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 215 lb.
- Born: Baldwinsville, NY, 10-May-96
- Twitter: @alextuch37
14 – ISS, Feb-14
19 – Bob MacKenzie, Jan-14
23 – Future Considerations, Feb-14
24 – Craig Button, Jan-14
26 – NHL Combined – Mid-term, Jan-14
#14 Alex Tuch @alextuch37
Pro frame who does it all… competes with the best, heavy hitter & excellent versatility.
— ISS Hockey (@ISShockey) February 28, 2014
Alex Tuch- Thunder to Milano's greased lighting. Size and offensive ability. Big-bodied forward protects the puck& good net front presence
— Kirk Luedeke (@kluedeke29) September 4, 2013
- Profile 1: Lindsay Kramer at Blog.Syracuse.com
- Profile 2: Mike Repertorio at Pro Puck Prospects
- Profile 3: Prototypical Power Forward by Carl Delucia at Get Real Hockey
- Profiles 4 & 5:
— NY Hockey Journal (@NYHockeyJournal) February 20, 2014
Player Profile: Alex Tuch:
Alex Tuch, C/RW
— DobberProspects (@DobberProspects) February 21, 2014
- Quote 1: Kyle Woodlief at USAToday.com,:
“Wow! The humongous power winger has vastly improved both his skating and puck skills. He is now a major load who goes just about anywhere he damn well pleases on the ice.”
From the THW War Room
- Eldon MacDonald, THW: A few words on Alex Tuch:
- Mr. Big – The first you notice about Alex Tuch is his size – he’s a powerhouse at 6’3, 215 lb.
- Power forward – Alex is starting to ramp up his physicality to make use of his god-given size. He is already a strong forechecker and uses his strength and good balance to protect the puck well.
- Skills – More than decent skills for such a big guy – a good goal scorer with soft hands around the net, a hard shot, skating which is very good with a heavy stride. Top that with good vision and you are starting to see why so many teams really like this guy.
- Draft placement – With the dearth of Mr. Big’s in this draft, Alex is only likely to go up.
- Video 1: Interview from newsr.in
- Video 2: Alex Tuch and Dylan Larkin score just seconds apart from USHLInteractive
About NHL Draft War Room Series
This series is compiled by Eldon MacDonald and edited by @ChrisRalphTHW)
Chris is THW’s senior draft/prospect analyst and a Managing Editor. Watch for “The Next Ones” Prospect Profile series, exclusive rankings, mock drafts, as well as the annual THW NHL Entry Draft Guide. Follow @ChrisRalphYQ on Twitter as he infiltrates, dissects and analyzes all happenings of hockey prospects and the NHL entry draft. Email: cralph[at]thehockeywriters[dot]com