|Born:||November 21, 1989||Draft:||Signed by the Stars in 2012|
|National Team:||France/Canada||Current Team:||Arizona Coyotes|
Antoine Roussel (born November 21, 1989) is a French professional ice hockey left winger for the Arizona Coyotes of the National Hockey League (NHL). Born in France, Roussel first played hockey there before moving to Quebec at the age of 16. After four years in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL), he turned professional and played in the American Hockey League (AHL) and ECHL minor leagues in North America.
Signed by the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League (NHL) in 2012, he made his NHL debut in 2013 for the club. Regarded as a physical player, Roussel has consistently been one of the NHL’s leaders in penalty minutes since he entered the league. He has scored 10 or more goals and earned 100 PIM in the same season four times in his career. Internationally Roussel has represented the French national team both at the junior and senior level, including multiple World Championships.
Antoine Roussel Statistics
- Canucks’ Successful History With Undrafted Players
- Antoine Roussel: The Pest of the West
- Top 10 Dirtiest NHL Players
- Top-5 Players From France in NHL History
- Named to the 2014 World Championship (WC) All-Star Team
- Named one of the top-three players on Team France at the 2014 WC
- Named the Most Penalized Player of the 2015 WC