THW’s NHL Draft War Room Rankings (E-Mac): #22 (Feb 2014)
THW’s NHL Draft Rankings – The Next Ones Edition (aka Chris’s List): #28 (March 2014)
- Hashtag: #MrPro
- Team: #19, US U18 NDTP, USHL
- Position: Left Wing
- Shoots: Left
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 190 lb.
- Born: Waterford, MI, 30-Jul-96
- Twitter: @Dylanlarkin39
16 – Future Considerations, Feb-14
19 – Craig Button, Jan-14
20 – Bob MacKenzie, Jan-14
21 – NHL Combined – Mid-term, Jan-14
23 – ISS, Feb-14
— MiHockey (@MiHockeyNow) September 30, 2013
— USA Hockey’s NTDP (@USAHockeyNTDP) February 8, 2014
— ISS Hockey (@ISShockey) March 9, 2014
- Profile 1: Mike Repertorio at Pro Puck Prospects
- Profile 2: From NotYourAverageHockeyBlog.com
- Profile 3: (click link within tweet)
— Zenon Herasymiuk (@ZenonHerasymiuk) March 6, 2014
- Chris Dilks at SBNCollegeHockey.com, “He’s a smooth skater that is very strong on his skates, and while he’s not as flashy as Schmaltz, he was nearly as effective in terms of creating offense. He plays like a pro player already. There’s become a bit of a bias against NCAA players in the first round of the draft, which could push Larkin towards the very edge of the first round, but he’ll be a steal for whichever team takes him.”
From the THW War Room
- Eldon MacDonald, THW: A few words on Dylan Larkin:
- Mr. Pro – Dylan Larkin just looks like a pro. He has that north/south style which would scream “power forward” if only he were just a little bit bigger. Add to that a pro defensive game and a high level of determination and intensity and you know you are making a safe draft choice with this guy.
- Skills – Skating, passing, combined with those intangibles called drive, grit and vision and you have yourselves a hockey player.
- Draft placement – Mid teens to mid twenties on most lists. He is kind of like the Curtis Lazar of this draft (on and off the ice) – not producing high end points but doing the little things that make a good pro. Curtis Lazar looks like he will be all right; same with Dylan Larkin. For the record, Curtis Lazar went at 17 to Ottawa in 2013.
- Video 1: Alex Tuch and Dylan Larkin score just seconds apart from USHLInteractive
- Video 2: Interview from USAHockeyHQ
About NHL Draft War Room Series
This series is compiled by Eldon MacDonald and edited by @ChrisRalphTHW)