The rumor mill is one of the most controversial areas for a hockey fan. Different names on different days make for the most interesting conversations around the water cooler.
The daily rumor roundup takes a look at some of the latest rumors making waves, and shares them all in one place so you don’t have to search around. Let’s take a look.
[quote_box_left author=””]Reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. It’s information that is circulating around the hockey world. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.[/quote_box_left]
- The Pittsburgh Penguins are looking to add pieces for a Stanley Cup run.
The Penguins are believed to be eyeing Toronto Maple Leafs blueliner Roman Polak, while Arizona Coyotes forward Mikkel Boedker could be a target up front.
- The Buffalo Sabres want a second round pick for pending UFA Jamie McGinn.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning should look at upgrading their blue line by the deadline.
The need for upgrade on defense has become painfully obvious in Garrison’s absence
- The Anaheim Ducks could be looking at Boston’s Loui Eriksson to solidify the team’s forward group.
If Eriksson does not come to terms on a new contract with the Bruins, the team will look to move him by the Feb. 29 trade deadline and several teams, including the Ducks, are expected to make a pitch for his services.
- The Sabres are sure to try to trade Matt Moulson by the deadline, but finding a taker could be next to impossible.
You can bet the Sabres are trying to move him, but he’s practically untradeable with three more years at $5 million per season. He’s almost certainly a buyout.
- The Montreal Canadiens shouldn’t have an issue trading Dale Weise if it comes down to it.
“If he’s legitimately in play, Bergevin’s not going to have a problem moving Dale Weise.”
If you’ve heard of any substantial rumors, let us know in the comment section below. Also feel free to discuss the above rumors with fellow fans. And don’t forget have fun with it!
Don’t forget to stay up-to-date on everything regarding the 2016 NHL Trade Deadline with the official trade deadline hub of The Hockey Writers. You’ll find a list of every deal, all players with No-Trade or No-Movement Clauses as well as a list of the best available players. Find everything you need right HERE.
Michael is a former Managing Editor for The Hockey Writers. He’s covered the Buffalo Sabres, along with the NHL in general, for various outlets since 2009. His work has been featured on outlets such as Yahoo, Sports Illustrated and Fox Sports.