Whether it be the Coyotes going off the board to take a Blake Wheeler, the Kings selecting Thomas Hickey seemingly out of nowhere or Anthony Duclair slip sliding to the third round, a mock draft can go off the rails quicker than Connor McDavid can execute a wraparound. This draft class could be one for the ages with many pundits comparing it the revered class of 2003.
2015 NHL Mock Draft – The Next Ones Fall Edition Notes:
- Photo: Connor McDavid (right) and Jack Eichel (left) the prizes atop the 2015 NHL Draft
- The draft positions are based on THW’s Pre-season Power Rankings
- This is not an attempt to rank prospects. This is mere a guesstimate at what teams might choose if they were to draft today based on weighing out best player available with team need and past experiences at the draft table, with an obvious dose of influence from my personal thoughts.
- Only a portion of the table displays by default; you can scroll over to see the rest of the player demographics and stats or select “View full-size workbook” option, which is the icon in the bottom right hand corner, to view the full table.
- Scroll over to see the Prospect Profiler Notes section for a quick synapsis of the prospect
- To search the mock, click anywhere on the table, then press CTRL “F” to bring up the search option.
- Each profile is hyperlinked to Elite Prospects profile page.
First Round Traded Draft Picks
- # 17 – Buffalo receives the NY Islanders 2015 1st and 2nd round pick and Matt Moulson for Thomas Vanek.
- # 21 – Tampa Bay receives the NY Rangers a 2015 1st and 7th round pick, 2014 1st round pick and Ryan Callahan for Martin St. Louis and a 2015 2nd round pick.
- # 26 – Buffalo receives St. Louis’s 2015 1st round pick, Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart and William Carrier for Ryan Miller and Steve Ott