|Born:||Feb 22, 1975||Draft:||1993 Capitals, 69th Overall|
|Known For:||CHL Scholastic Player of the Year||Shoots:||Right|
|National Team:||Canada||Current Status:||Retired|
Patrick Boileau (born February 22, 1975) is a former Canadian ice hockey player, having played his final year in the NHL with the Pittsburgh Penguins during the 2003-2004 season. Drafted 69th overall by Washington Capitals in the 1993 NHL Entry Draft, Boileau spent two more seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) before making the jump to the American Hockey League (AHL). In his rookie season, Boileau recorded 10 goals and 38 points in 78 games with the Portland Pirates. The following year, he made his debut in the NHL, playing in one game for the Capitals. In his seven years with Washington, he totalled seven NHL games and picked up one assist.
Boileau left the Capitals organization in 2002, signing with the Detroit Red Wings on a one-year deal. He split the season with the NHL and AHL, playing a career high 25 games and registering his first NHL goal. His tenure in Detroit was short-lived as he signed with the Penguins the following year. Boileau registered a career high three goals in 16 games, and served the remainder of the year as the captain of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
Without a contract for the 2004-05 season, Boileau opted to continue his hockey career overseas, signing with Lausanne HC of the Swiss National League. He played a hand in the team’s qualifying round, registering eight points in eight games, but left the following year to sign with the Frankfurt Lions of the Deutsche Eishockey League (DEL). After a year with the Lions, and one with the Hamburg Freezers, Boileau returned to North America for one more year to appear in the Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey, a low-level professional league in Quebec, Canada, to play for the Saint-Jean Chiefs.
Patrick Boileau Statistics
- Mille-Îles Seigneurs, QC Int PW (Assistant Coach) 2011-2012
- Mille-Îles Seigneurs, Bantam AAA (Assistant Coach) 2014-2015
- Mille-Îles Seigneurs, Midget Espoir QMEAA (Assistant Coach) 2015-2016
- Académie Sainte-Thérèse (CadD1), RSEQ C1 (Head Coach) 2017-2018
- Académie Sainte-Thérèse M18 D1, RSEQ M18 D1 (Assistant Coach) 2021-current
- Académie Sainte-Thérèse M18 D2, RSEQ M18 D2 (Assistant Coach) 2021-current
- Académie Sainte-Thérèse M15 D1, RSEQ M15 D1 (Head Coach) 2021-current
- Académie Sainte-Thérèse M15 D2, RSEQ M15 D2 (Assistant Coach) 2021-current
- CHL Scholastic Player of the Year (1994)
- QMJHL Scholastic Player of the Year (Marcel Robert Trophy) (1994)