The rumor mill is one of the most controversial areas for a hockey fan. Different names on different days make for the most interesting conversations around the water cooler.
The daily rumor roundup takes a look at some of the latest rumors making waves, and shares them all in one place so you don’t have to search around. Let’s take a look.
[quote_box_left author=””]Reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. It’s information that is circulating around the hockey world. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.[/quote_box_left]
- Despite being traded to the Buffalo Sabres, it appears that Jimmy Vesey remains intent on hitting free agency in August.
”His plan all along was to see it through,” Fish added. ”And everything that’s he’s been through with the whole thing in Nashville would be kind of silly not to try to play it out as best as possible.”
- With a divorce all but happening from the St. Louis Blues, Kevin Shattenkirk is drawing interest from the Boston Bruins, among other teams.
“Boston among those most interested in trade, but interest is high.”
- The Sabres and Oilers could be perfect trade partners at the NHL Draft this weekend.
“In a swap of 4 and 8, right-winger Tyler Ennis (three more years at $4.6 million), centre Zemgus Girgensons (restricted free-agent) and ex Oil Kings’ captain/D, right-shooter Mark Pysyk, could be in play.”
- The Blackhawks have started homework on a potential trade for Evgeni Malkin.
“Hearing Blackhawks seriously kicking tires on Evgeni Malkin. Will be interesting to see how they create cap space…”
- Brian Campbell is expected to test Free Agency.
If you’ve heard of any substantial rumors, let us know in the comment section below. Also feel free to discuss the above rumors with fellow fans. And don’t forget have fun with it!
Don’t forget to stay up-to-date on everything regarding the 2016 NHL Draft and Free Agency with the official deal tracker of The Hockey Writers. You’ll find a list of every deal and signing that has taken — and will take — place in the league.
Michael is a former Managing Editor for The Hockey Writers. He’s covered the Buffalo Sabres, along with the NHL in general, for various outlets since 2009. His work has been featured on outlets such as Yahoo, Sports Illustrated and Fox Sports.