Why join THW?
- Being part of one of the largest, most respected hockey writing platforms on the Net
- Unparalleled network of writers, scholars and influencers
- Rock solid publishing platform
- Guaranteed compensation when submitting 10 or more monthly articles
We have a huge audience of over a million monthly visitors. These include NHL executives and HR people, hockey publications, player agents, radio and tv personalities; all sorts of hockey people will read your work.
“The Hockey Writers provide the tools to succeed in pursuing a career in sports writing. THW gave me the opportunity to cover the 2015 All-Star Weekend in Columbus, which included privileged access to NHL players and coaches throughout the weekend.” – Andy Dudones, former THW Contributor
“The Hockey Writers provided me with the opportunity to cover some Calgary Flames games from the Press Box this season!” – Ryan Pike, credentialed THW contributing editor
“Athletes talk all the time about how playing with the best encourages them to elevate their games, and the same axiom applies to The Hockey Writers. Without the push I’ve gotten from this site, my writing would’ve stayed stagnant and I never would’ve gotten opportunities like writing for NBC .” – James Neveau, NBC Chicago
“During my time with THW I have taken the next step in my writing career; because of the success of the website I secured a full-season media pass in New Jersey. I have learned so much from the other writers & have made some great friends along the way as well. It’s an honor to work with such a talented group.” – Dan Rice, credentialed Devils contributor
“I was given the chance to cover a record breaking event in the 2014 NHL Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium. It was a learning experience, an eye opening chance to interact with players and coaches as well as market The Hockey Writers and market myself.”- Andrew Forbes, THW Contributor
Benefits of joining The Hockey Writers
- All writers are eligible for a monthly traffic based compensation
- Private Slack group with direct access to our experienced & connected writers & site admins
- Personal Brand development
- Large & growing audience for your writing including a huge syndication network (Yahoo News, USA Today and more..)
The Hockey Writers has decided to limit the amount of available positions. Seasoned journalists should consider securing a spot today.
- We are looking for seasoned journalist with substantial sports writing experience, online or print
- An ability to consistently deliver high quality work
please send writing examples (links are fine)
Current open spots*: Anaheim Ducks, Calgary Flames, Colorado Avalanche, Florida Panthers, Ottawa Senators
Fantasy Hockey, Prospects, OHL
NWHL: Boston Pride, Buffalo Beauts, Connecticut Whale, New York Riveters, NWHL News
* we may have other openings available, please feel free to inquire. You are also able to start covering one club then move to a preferred club in the future.
Please send an email to: email@example.com
* include a few lines about yourself, info on your hockey background and your journalism experience. We will only make offers to those who already have online sports writing experience on established sites or in print. Including a Twitter handle scores bonus points.
We receive a lot of requests and are not able to reply to everyone. If you do not receive a reply within a week it means that we are not moving forward with your application.