Why join THW?
- Being part of one of the largest, most respected hockey writing platforms on the Net
- Unparalleled (private) network of writers, scholars and influencers
- Rock solid publishing platform
- Press Credentials to All NHL Events (distributed based on Seniority and Merit)
- Some beer money $$
- those good enough? If so, keep reading.
We have a huge audience of over 1.4 million monthly visitors. These include NHL executives and HR people, hockey publications, player agents, radio and tv personalities; all sorts of hockey people will read your work.
“The Hockey Writers provide the tools to succeed in pursuing a career in sports writing. THW gave me the opportunity to cover the 2015 All-Star Weekend in Columbus, which included privileged access to NHL players and coaches throughout the weekend, as well as Commissioner Gary Bettman’s press conference to announce the 2016 outdoor schedule and 2016 World Cup of Hockey.” – Andy Dudones, THW Contributor
“The Hockey Writers provided me with the opportunity to cover some Calgary Flames games from the Press Box this season!” – Ryan Pike, credentialed THW contributing editor
“Athletes talk all the time about how playing with the best encourages them to elevate their games, and the same axiom applies to The Hockey Writers. Without the push I’ve gotten from this site, my writing would’ve stayed stagnant and I never would’ve gotten opportunities like writing for NBC .” – James Neveau, NBC Chicago
“During my time with THW I have taken the next step in my writing career; because of the success of the website I secured a full-season media pass in New Jersey. I have learned so much from the other writers & have made some great friends along the way as well. It’s an honor to work with such a talented group.” – Dan Rice, credentialed Devils contributor
“I was given the chance to cover a record breaking event in the 2014 NHL Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium. It was a learning experience, an eye opening chance to interact with players and coaches as well as market The Hockey Writers and market myself.”- Andrew Forbes, THW Contributor
Benefits of joining The Hockey Writers
- All writers are eligible for a monthly traffic based compensation
- Rock solid publishing platform
- Private Facebook group with direct access to our experienced & connected writers & site admins
- Personal Brand development
- Large & growing audience for your writing including a huge syndication network (Yahoo News, USA Today and more..)
- Our writers attend all the outdoor games, WJHC, All-Star games, Stanley Cup Finals
please send me some writing examples (links are fine)
Current open spots: – Anaheim Ducks, Arizona Coyotes, Chicago Blackhawks, Columbus Blue Jackets, Florida Panthers, Nashville Predators, Pittsburgh Penguins, Vancouver Canucks
* we may have other openings available, please feel free to inquire
Requirements: a deep understanding of the game, serious hockey writing chops (via University or on a well established website), strong social media presence
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* include a few lines about yourself, info on your hockey background and your journalism experience (published or educational). Including a Twitter handle scores bonus points.
** We receive a lot of requests and do not have the time to reply to everyone. If you do not receive a reply it means that we are not moving forward with your application. If we do decide to proceed with your application you will hear from us within 48 hours.