Why join THW?
- Being part of one of the largest, most respected hockey writing platforms on the Net.
- Unparalleled (private) network of writers, scholars and influencers
- Rock solid publishing platform, you just write – we do all the technical stuff
- Press Credentials to All NHL Events (distributed based on Seniority and Merit)
- Some beer money
- those good enough? If so, keep reading.
We have a huge audience of over 400 000 monthly visitors. These include NHL executives and HR people, hockey publications, player agents, radio and tv personalities; all sorts of hockey people will read your work.
“The Hockey Writers provided me with the opportunity to cover some Calgary Flames games from the Press Box this season!” – Ryan Pike, credentialed THW contributing editor
“Athletes talk all the time about how playing with the best encourages them to elevate their games, and the same axiom applies to The Hockey Writers. Without the push I’ve gotten from this site, my writing would’ve stayed stagnant and I never would’ve gotten opportunities like writing for NBC .” – James Neveau, NBC Chicago
“During my time with THW I have taken the next step in my writing career; because of the success of the website I secured a full-season media pass in New Jersey. I have learned so much from the other writers & have made some great friends along the way as well. It’s an honor to work with such a talented group.” – Dan Rice, credentialed Devils contributor
“I was given the chance to cover a record breaking event in the 2014 NHL Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium. It was a learning experience, an eye opening chance to interact with players and coaches as well as market The Hockey Writers and market myself.”- Andrew Forbes, THW Contributor
Benefits of joining The Hockey Writers
- All writers are eligible for a monthly traffic based bonus payment
- Rock solid publishing platform
- Private Facebook group with direct access to our experienced & connected writers & site admins
- Personal Brand development
- Large & growing audience for your writing including a huge syndication network
- Our writers attend all the outdoor games, WJHC, All-Star games, Stanley Cup Finals
please send me some writing examples (links are fine)
Requirements: a deep understanding of the game, serious hockey writing experience (via University or on a well established website), strong social media presence
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
** We receive a lot of requests and do not have the time to reply to everyone. If you do not receive a reply it means that we are not moving forward with your application. If we do decide to proceed with your application you will hear from us within 48 hours.