THW’s NHL Draft War Room Rankings: #9 (Feb 2014)
THW’s NHL Draft Rankings – The Next Ones Edition (aka Chris’s List): #13 (March 2014)
- Hashtag/Nickname: #TheStriker
- Team: #11, Niagara, OHL
- Position: Left Wing
- Shoots: Left
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 205 lb.
- Born: Guildford, Great Britain, 27-Apr-96
- Twitter: @Bubzp11
5 – Craig Button, Jan-14
6 – ISS, Feb-14
8 – Bob MacKenzie, Jan-14
8 – Future Considerations, Feb-14
9 – NHL Combined – Mid-term, Jan-14
- From The Scouting Report:
“The 6-foot-3, 195 pound winger is an excellent possession player who plays the game with great pace and determination. Perlini’s skill level is high-end and his ability to take what the defense gives him allows him to create offense naturally rather than forcing plays. If he can add an extra gear to his stride this season there might not be much holding Perlini back from the top ten.”
From the War Room
- Eldon MacDonald, THW: A few words on Brendan Perlini:
- Size and speed – This is the right combination for an NHL winger and at 6’3, 205 lb. with excellent acceleration and quickness, Brendan has it.
- Skills galore – Long reach, good puck possession, good shot, excellent passer.
- Finish – Quick release, last minute dangle, down on one knee – what’s not to like!
- Physicality – Needs to be more consistent in using his body to make things happen in the offensive zone because when he does, good things happen.
- Draft placement – Latter half of top 10 if he continues to produce at a healthy clip; not likely to drop beyond 15 in any event.
- Reminds me of – A hybrid combo of Jeff Carter with Max Pacioretty.
- Video 1: 2013-2014 highlights from BigWhite06
- Video 2: Five point night from SomeHockeyVideos
About NHL Draft War Room Series
This series is compiled by Eldon MacDonald and edited by @ChrisRalphTHW)