|Born:||October 10, 1976||Draft:||1995 Jets, 7th Overall|
|Hometown:||Halkirk, AB, CAN||Position:||RW|
Shane Albert Doan (born October 10, 1976) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey forward who spent the entirety of his National Hockey League (NHL) career with the Winnipeg Jets/Arizona Coyotes franchise, playing 21 seasons. He was the last remaining player active in the NHL from the original Winnipeg Jets franchise. Doan retired from the NHL in the summer of 2017.
Doan led the club in scoring from 2003 to 2011 consecutively. In December 2015, Doan became the franchise’s all-time leading goal scorer. He was also the longest serving NHL captain until his retirement, serving as the Coyotes’ captain from 2003 to 2017. Doan never won the Stanley Cup, coming closest with the Phoenix Coyotes in 2012, where they lost the Western Conference Final to the Los Angeles Kings.
Internationally, Doan has won two gold medals and three silvers at the World Championships, as well as one World Cup championship in 2004. He was also a member of Canada’s 2006 Winter Olympic team.
The Coyotes retired Doan’s jersey number on February 24, 2019, before a game against the current Winnipeg Jets.
Shane Doan Statistics
- Coyotes’ Shane Doan – A Hockey Hall of Famer?
- Shane Doan: The Legend of Captain Coyote
- Shane Doan Retires From NHL
- Coyotes to Retire Doan’s No. 19
- CHL Memorial Cup Champion — 1993-94
- WHL Champion — 1993-94
- CHL Memorial Cup All-Star Team — 1994-95
- CHL Memorial Cup Champion — 1994-95
- CHL Memorial Cup Most Valuable Player (Stafford Smythe Trophy) — 1994-95
- WHL Champion — 1994-95
- World Championship Gold Medal — 2002-03
- NHL All-Star Game — 2003-04
- World Championship Silver Medal — 2004-05
- World Cup Gold Medal — 2004-05
- World Championship Gold Medal — 2006-07
- World Championship Top 3 Player on Team — 2006-07
- World Championship Silver Medal — 2007-08
- NHL All-Star Game — 2008-09
- World Championship Silver Medal — 2008-09
- NHL Leadership-Humanitarian Award (King Clancy Trophy) — 2009-10
- NHL Mark Messier Leadership Award (PHX) — 2011-12
- Alternate Captain (Coyotes) — 2000-03
- Captain (Coyotes) — 2003-17
- Retired Number (19) (Coyotes) — 2018-19
A die-hard hockey fan in the desert, and proud Iowa State alum. Detroit Red Wings and Arizona Coyotes contributor for The Hockey Writers.