|Born:||February 25, 2000||Draft:||2018 Flyers #14 Overall|
|Hometown:||Cicero, NY||Position:||Left Wing|
|National Team:||United States||Current Team:||Philadelphia Flyers|
Joel Farabee (born February 25, 2000) is an American professional ice hockey left winger currently playing for the Philadelphia Flyers of the National Hockey League (NHL). Farabee was drafted in the first round, 14th overall at the 2018 NHL Entry Draft by the Flyers.
Growing up in Cicero, New York, Farabee competed with the Syracuse Nationals, Buffalo Jr Sabres, and Selects Hockey Academy at South Kent School. He joined the USA Hockey National Team Development Program in the United States Hockey League (USHL) before committing to play NCAA Division I ice hockey with the Boston University Terriers men’s ice hockey team. During his time in college, Farabee tied for second in goals and third in points amongst rookies while leading the Terriers in goals, points, power-play goals, shorthanded goals, game-winning goals, plus-minus, and shots. In recognition of his efforts, Farabee received the Tim Taylor Award as college hockey’s Rookie of the Year, Hockey East Rookie of the Year, and was selected for the Hockey East All-Rookie Team.
Farabee concluded his collegiate career on March 25, 2019, by signing an entry-level contract with the Flyers and was re-assigned to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms to begin the season. He made his NHL debut on October 21, 2019, subsequently becoming the first Flyers player to be born in the 2000s. By the conclusion of the shortened 2019–20 regular season, Farabee recorded 21 points through 52 games. He later became the first player born in the 2000s to score a postseason goal in NHL history, when he scored during the round-robin matchup against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Joel Farabee Statistics
- Flyers Have Luckiest Line in the NHL
- Flyers’ Farabee Producing Strong Sophomore Season
- 5 Flyers Young Guns Who Could Make An Impact in 2021-22
- Flyers Roster Features Potent American Talent
- Joel Farabee – 2018 NHL Draft Prospect Profile
- NCAA (Hockey East) All-Rookie Team (2019)
- NCAA (Hockey East) Rookie of the Year (2019)
- NCAA Top Collegiate Rookie (Tim Taylor Award) (2019)
- U20 WJC Silver Medal (2019)
- U18 WJC Silver Medal (2018)
- U18 WJC Top 3 Player on Team USA (2018)
- U17 WHC All-Star Team (2017)
- U18 WJC Gold Medal (2017)
- USPHL 16U Champion (2016)
- USPHL 16U Forward of the Year (2016)
- USPHL 16U Most Valuable Player (2016)