The rumor mill is one of the most controversial areas for a hockey fan. Different names on different days make for the most interesting conversations around the water cooler.
The daily rumor roundup takes a look at some of the latest rumors making waves, and shares them all in one place so you don’t have to search around. Let’s take a look.
[quote_box_left author=””]Reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. It’s information that is circulating around the hockey world. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.[/quote_box_left]
Let’s get the latest Jonathan Drouin rumors out of the way:
- The Predators, Ducks and Blues appear to be the front runners in the Drouin sweeps.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun reports that at least 15 teams have contacted the lightning about working out a deal for Drouin.
Rest of the League:
- The Maple Leafs are expected to be sellers at the trade deadline, and one player that has received interest is James van Riemsdyk.
“Van Riemsdyk, I think other teams would love to get their hands on him.,” Friedman said. “I’ve had a couple of teams tell me that they’ve asked and been told he’s not available. So the price is very high for him.”
- One of the many players that the Buffalo Sabres may be interesting in moving is struggling forward Tyler Ennis.
Source: He’s shown he can be a productive player in this league, and could be used as part of a bigger “hockey trade”.
- The Flyers could look to add a forward by the trade deadline.
“If we can improve our team in any way without mortgaging the future, we’ll look at it,” Hextall said Thursday. “I mean, if young players can make us better, of course we’ll look at it.”
If you’ve heard of any substantial rumors, let us know in the comment section below. Also feel free to discuss the above rumors with fellow fans. And don’t forget have fun with it!
Don’t forget to stay up-to-date on everything regarding the 2016 NHL Trade Deadline with the official trade deadline hub of The Hockey Writers. You’ll find a list of every deal, all players with No-Trade or No-Movement Clauses as well as a list of the best available players. Find everything you need right HERE.
Michael is a former Managing Editor for The Hockey Writers. He’s covered the Buffalo Sabres, along with the NHL in general, for various outlets since 2009. His work has been featured on outlets such as Yahoo, Sports Illustrated and Fox Sports.