The rumor mill is one of the most controversial areas for a hockey fan. Different names on different days make for the most interesting conversations around the water cooler.
The daily rumor roundup takes a look at some of the latest rumors making waves, and shares them all in one place so you don’t have to search around. Let’s take a look.
[quote_box_left author=””]Reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. It’s information that is circulating around the hockey world. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.[/quote_box_left]
- Patrick Marleau actually requested a trade from the San Jose Sharks.
- Steven Stamkos continues to say he wants to remain with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
“I want to be a part of it,’’ Stamkos said Monday. “I’ve never thought about not being a part of this. As I said before camp when we had the first talk, this is the team that I want to be on.”
- The Los Angeles Kings are looking to add a defenseman after the trade freeze comes to an end.
“The Los Angeles Kings are among the teams in the market for a second-pair defenseman, and multiple sources have told TFP they’d like to acquire one by the Feb. 29 trade deadline.”
- Darren Dreger believes the Maple Leafs can easily trade Dion Phaneuf, Tyler Bozak and/or Joffrey Lupul without an issue.
“I think you could trade each one of those guys without a problem.”
- Nashville has asked about Matt Duchene in Colorado as well as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in Edmonton.
“I think they have a pretty big decision to make. They’re asking around. I think they’ve asked about Johansen. I think they asked about Matt Duchene when Duchene was available. I think they’re one of the teams that asked about Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
“What they’re being told – pretty simple. ‘Which one of your defensemen are you willing to give up?'”
If you’ve heard of any substantial rumors, let us know in the comment section below. Also feel free to discuss the above rumors with fellow fans. And don’t forget have fun with it!