|Born:||March 15, 1986||Draft:||2004 Canucks #287 Overall|
|Hometown:||Rødovre, Denmark||Position:||Right Wing/Left Wing|
|National Team:||Denmark||Current Status:||Retired|
Jannik Hansen (born March 15, 1986) is a Danish former professional ice hockey right winger. Hansen began playing professionally at the age of 16 with both the Rødovre Mighty Bulls of the Danish league and the Malmö Redhawks of the Swedish J20 SuperElit and HockeyAllsvenskan leagues. He played three seasons with Rødovre, during which time he was selected 287th overall by the Vancouver Canucks in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
A year after his selection, Hansen moved to North America to play major junior hockey with the Portland Winterhawks of the Western Hockey League (WHL) for one season. In 2006–07, Hansen began playing with the Canucks’ minor league affiliate, the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League (AHL). That season, he was called up by the Canucks and became the first Danish citizen to play and register a point in an NHL playoff game. After another campaign spent primarily with Manitoba, Hansen earned a full-time roster spot with the Canucks.
Internationally, Hansen has competed for the Danish national team in four World Championships. At the junior level, he represented Denmark in both Division I and main tournament play at the IIHF World U18 and U20 Championships.
Jannik Hansen Statistics
- KHL Gagarin Cup Champion (2019)
- World Cup Runner Up (2017)
- World Championship Top 3 Player on Team (2014)
- Vancouver Canucks Most Exciting Player (2013)
- 2x Vancouver Canucks Unsung Hero (2011, 2013)
- World Championship Most Penalized Player (2012)
- U20 WJC (D1|A) Silver Medal (2006)
- WHL Most Points by Rookie (2006)
- U20 WJC (D1|B) Bronze Medal (2005)
- U20 WJC (D1|A) Silver Medal (2004)
- U18 WJC (D1|A) Gold Medal (2003)