|Born:||Mar 14, 2000||Draft:||2018 Sabres, 32nd Overall|
|Hometown:||Voorhees, NJ, USA||Position:||Defense|
|Known For:||U20 WJC Silver Medal (2019)||Shoots:||Left|
|National Team:||United States||Current Team:||Buffalo Sabres|
Mattias Samuelsson (born March 14, 2000) is an American ice hockey player, currently under contract with the Buffalo Sabres. Samuelsson was selected 32nd overall by the Sabres in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft. After spending two seasons with the United States National Team Development Program, he committed to two years with West Michigan University, serving as the team’s captain in the 2019-20 season.
Samuelsson made his pro level debut in the 2020-21 season, playing 12 games in Buffalo and recording two assists. In the following year, his playing time was increased to 42 games, where he registered ten assists, while recording 15 points in 22 games with the Rochester Americans. Internationally, Samuelsson has represented the United States on three occasions, capturing silver medals at the 2018 IIHF U18 World Championship and the 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship, while finishing 9th in the 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship.
Mattias Samuelsson Statistics
- Mattias Samuelsson – 2018 NHL Draft Prospect Profile
- Sabres’ Prospect Watch: Mattias Samuelsson
- Buffalo Sabres 2021-2022 Season Report Card: Mattias Samuelsson
- WSI U15 Best Defenseman (2015)
- YOG Gold Medal (2016)
- U18 WJC Silver Medal (2018)
- U18 WJC Top 3 Player on Team (2018)
- U20 WJC Silver Medal (2019)
- NCAA (NCHC) Honorable Mention All-Star Team (2020)