|Born:||November 23, 1992||Draft:||2011 Avalanche, 2nd overall|
|Hometown:||Stockholm, SWE||Position:||Left Wing/Right Wing|
Gabriel Ingemar John Landeskog (born 23 November 1992) is a Swedish professional ice hockey forward and captain of the Colorado Avalanche of the National Hockey League (NHL).
He was selected second overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by Colorado. On 4 September 2012, Landeskog was named the fourth captain in Colorado Avalanche history, at the time becoming the youngest captain in NHL history at 19 years and 286 days.
Gabriel Landeskog Statistics
- Avalanche Boast Impressive History With Calder Trophy
- Avalanche/Nordiques Top 10 Goal Scorers All-Time
- Gabriel Landeskog: The NHL’s Most Underrated Leader
- OHL First All-Rookie Team 2009-10
- NHL All-Rookie Team 2011-12
- Calder Memorial Trophy 2011-12
- NHL All-Star Game 2019
- World Championships Gold Medal 2013
- Winter Olympics Silver Medal 2014
- World Cup of Hockey Bronze Medal 2016
- World Championships Gold Medal 2017
Born and raised in Michigan, Kyle Knopp started playing hockey when he was 3 years old. Knopp has played, coached, or worked at every level of ice hockey — including three seasons in the Ontario Hockey League and two seasons with the Detroit Red Wings where he was part of the Stanley Cup Championship team in 2008. He covers the Washington Capitals and Detroit Red Wings for The Hockey Writers and is the editor of THW’s Morning Skate newsletter. You can follow him on Twitter @THW_Knopp.