|Born:||July 14, 1976||Draft:||Undrafted|
|Hometown:||Kežmarok, Czechoslovakia||Position:||Left Wing|
|Known For:||2002 World Championship Gold Medal||Shoots:||Left|
|National Team:||Slovakia||Current Status:||Retired|
Lubos Bartecko (born July 14, 1976) is a former Slovakian ice hockey player, having played his final year in the NHL with the Atlanta Thrashers during the 2002-2003 season. Undrafted at the NHL level, Bartecko made a name for himself in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) with the Chicoutimi Saguenéens, registering 73 in 70 games. He followed it up the next season with 91 points in 58 games as a member of the Drummondville Voltigeurs, earning him a chance with the St. Louis Blues. In three seasons, he split time between the Blues and their minor-league affiliate, appearing in 149 games over that span and registering 68 points. Bartecko recorded career highs in goals, assists, and points during the 1999-2000 season, playing on a line with fellow Slovakians Pavol Demitra and Michal Handzus.
Bartecko joined the Thrashers for the 2001-02 season, playing in a career high 71 games and registering 13 goals and 14 assists. After the next season was cut short for him, playing in 37 games, Bartecko put an end to his tenure in the NHL and returned overseas to play for HC Sparta Praha of the Czechia league. In 13 seasons in Europe, he made stops in Czechia, Swede, Russia, Slovakia, and Switzerland, picking up Russian league Championship in 2005 and a Czech Extraliga bronze medal the year prior.
Internationally, Bartecko represented Slovakia on ten occasions, including six Ice Hockey World Championships, three Olympic Winter Games, and one World Cup of Hockey. He captured one gold medal and one silver medal in the World Championships, and was named a top-three player in the 2009 World Championship.
Lubos Bartecko Statistics
- De Smet Jesuit High, USHS-MO (Assistant Coach) 2016-2017
- McKendree University, ACHA II (Assistant Coach) 2017-2019
- St. Louis AAA Blues 16U AAA, T1EHL 16U (Assistant Coach) 2017-2018
- St. Louis Blues 15U AAA, T1EHL 15U (Head Coach) 2018-2019
- Nashville Jr. Predators 16U AAA, T1EHL 16U (Head Coach) 2019-2020
- Nashville Jr. Predators 18U AAA, T1EHL 18U (Assistant Coach) 2020-2021
- Nashville Jr. Predators 18U AAA, 18U AAA (Assistant Coach) 2020-2021
- McKendree Univ., ACHA (Assistant Coach) 2021-2022
- Nashville Spartans, USPHL Premier (Assistant Coach) 2022-2023
- AHL All-Star Game (1999)
- World Championship Silver Medal (2000)
- World Championship Gold Medal (2002)
- Czech Extraliga Bronze Medal (2004)
- RSL Champion (2005)
- World Championship Top 3 Player on Team (2009)