|Born:||April 24, 1987||Draft:||2005 Penguins #62 Overall|
|Known For:||3x Stanley Cup||Shoots:||Right|
|National Team:||Canada||Current Team:||Pittsburgh Penguins|
Kristopher Joseph Pierre Irwin Letang (born April 24, 1987) is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman and alternate captain for the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League (NHL). He played juniors in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) for three seasons, during which time he was selected 62nd overall by the Penguins in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
In his second full NHL season, Letang won the Stanley Cup with Pittsburgh, he became a two-time Stanley Cup champion when the Penguins defeated the San Jose Sharks in 2016, and a three-time Stanley Cup champion when the Penguins defeated the Nashville Predators in 2017. Internationally, he has competed for Canada at the under-18 and under-20 levels, winning back-to-back gold medals at the World Junior Championships in 2006 and 2007.
Kris Letang Statistics
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ 10 Best Defensemen in Team History
- Penguins 2020-21 Report Cards: Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Guentzel
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ 3 Worst Contracts in 2020-21
- Is Pittsburgh Penguins Defenseman Kris Letang Elite?
- Letang Versus Coffey: An Unfair Comparison
- 6x NHL All-Star Game (2011, 2012, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- 3x Stanley Cup Champion (Penguins – 2009, 2016, 2017)
- Stanley Cup Clinching Goal (2016)
- 2x NHL Second All-Star Team (2013, 2016)
- 2x NHL YoungStars Roster (2008, 2009)
- 2x CHL Second All-Star Team (2006, 2007)
- QMJHL Best Defensive Defenseman (Kevin Lowe Trophy) (2007)
- QMJHL Defenseman of the Year (Emile Bouchard Trophy) (2007)
- 2x QMJHL First All-Star Team (2006, 2007)
- QMJHL Personality of the Year (Paul Dumont Trophy) (2007)
- U20 WJC All-Star Team (2007)
- 2x U20 WJC Gold Medalist (2006, 2007)
- U20 WJC Top 3 Player on Team Canada (2007)
- CHL All-Rookie Team (2005)
- QMJHL All-Rookie Team (2005)
- U18 WJC All-Star Team (2005)
- U18 WJC Silver Medal (2005)
- QMAAA Top Defenseman (2004)
- U17 WHC Bronze Medal (2004)
Matthew Zator is a THW freelance writer, media editor, and scout who lives and breathes Vancouver Canucks hockey, the NHL Draft, and prospects in general. He loves talking about young players and their potential. Matthew is a must-read for Canucks fans and fans of the NHL Draft and its prospects. For interview requests or content information, you can follow Matthew through his social media accounts which are listed under his photo at the conclusion of articles like this one about Tyler Motte.