The rumor mill is one of the most controversial areas for a hockey fan. Different names on different days make for the most interesting conversations around the water cooler.
The daily rumor roundup takes a look at some of the latest rumors making waves, and shares them all in one place so you don’t have to search around. Let’s take a look.
[quote_box_left author=””]Reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. It’s information that is circulating around the hockey world. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.[/quote_box_left]
- Jonathan Drouin’s attitude and refusal to report to an AHL game has prospective trade partners hesitating to make a big offer.
- That being said, there are still some pretty large offers available for the 20-year old.
Rest of the League:
- Despite being a UFA this summer, Milan Lucic wants to stay in Los Angeles.
“I feel like I’m in a good place mentally and I just want to stay there.”
- There are still no contract talks being the Buffalo Sabres and pending UFA Jamie McGinn.
“I’m happy where I am. I’m happy with the logo I’m wearing right now. That’s all that matters.”
“If [a deal] doesn’t take shape… obviously have to do due diligence & explore whether or not we can continue to improve our team.”
- The Anaheim Ducks could use defense to add scoring to the roster.
The depth has led to speculation that the Ducks could deal a defender in order to get some more offense into their deficient lineup.
- Montreal GM Marc Bergevin says that making a trade is pretty hard right now.
It’s getting harder. Ask any GM. If there’s something long term I will do it but I’m not sacrificing 8 years player.
If you’ve heard of any substantial rumors, let us know in the comment section below. Also feel free to discuss the above rumors with fellow fans. And don’t forget have fun with it!
Don’t forget to stay up-to-date on everything regarding the 2016 NHL Trade Deadline with the official trade deadline hub of The Hockey Writers. You’ll find a list of every deal, all players with No-Trade or No-Movement Clauses as well as a list of the best available players. Find everything you need right HERE.
Michael is a former Managing Editor for The Hockey Writers. He’s covered the Buffalo Sabres, along with the NHL in general, for various outlets since 2009. His work has been featured on outlets such as Yahoo, Sports Illustrated and Fox Sports.