|Born:||January 18, 1990||Draft:||2008 Blues 4th overall|
|Hometown:||King City, Ontario||Position:||D|
|National Team:||Canada||Current Team:||Vegas Golden Knights|
Alexander Pietrangelo (born January 18, 1990) is an alternate captain for the Vegas Golden Knights. He previously played for the St. Louis Blues for parts of twelve seasons, captaining the Blues for his final four seasons with the franchise. Nicknamed “Petro“, Pietrangelo captained the Blues to their first Stanley Cup championship in franchise history in 2019, where he tied the league-lead in the playoffs in assists and notably scored the Stanley Cup-clinching goal in Game 7. In 2020, Pietrangelo signed with the Vegas Golden Knights in free agency.
Pietrangelo has competed with Team Canada at the junior and senior level, winning a gold medal win with Canada’s under-20 team at the 2009 World Junior Championships. Individually, he was named Best Defenceman at the 2010 World Junior Championship and 2011 Men’s World Championship. Pietrangelo was named to the 2014 Canadian Olympic hockey team and won a gold medal at the 2014 Winter Olympics.
Alex Pietrangelo Statistics
- Vegas Golden Knights’ Wild Road of Bringing Pietrangelo to Vegas
- St. Louis Blues Best Defensemen in Team History
- Blues Lost Cup Contention If Pietrangelo Leaves
- Get to Know Blues Captain Alex Pietrangelo
- U20 WJC Gold Medal — 2009
- U20 WJC Silver Medal — 2010
- Olympic Gold Medal — 2014
- IIHF World Championship Gold Medal — 2016
- NHL Second All-Star Team — 2012, 2014, 2020
- NHL All-Star Game — 2018, 2020
- Stanley Cup Champion — 2019
Lifelong storyteller and experienced hockey reporter that has covered everything from major juniors to the NHL. Worked for various newspapers across Minnesota and North Dakota, and now covering the Colorado Avalanche for THW.