|Born:||April 18, 1993||Draft:||2011 Senators, #6 Overall|
|National Team:||Sweden||Current Team:||New York Rangers|
Mika Zibanejad (born 18 April 1993) is a Swedish professional ice hockey centre and alternate captain of the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League (NHL). Zibanejad was selected sixth overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by the Ottawa Senators.
He made the Senators lineup out of training camp to start the 2011–12 season, but was returned to Djurgårdens IF in Sweden after scoring one point in nine NHL games with Ottawa. On 18 July 2016, after five seasons within the Senators organization, Zibanejad was traded to the Rangers.
Internationally, Zibanejad has represented Sweden at both the under-18 and junior levels. On 5 January 2012, Zibanejad scored the gold medal-winning golden goal for Sweden in the 2012 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships against Russia in the tournament final; the game finished 1–0. On 20 May 2018, Zibanejad scored a goal in the final for Sweden to help them win the 2018 IIHF World Championship.
Mika Zibanejad Statistics
|Date||Traded From||Traded With||Traded To||Traded For|
|July 18, 2016||2nd-Round Pick|
- Rangers’ Zibanejad Stepping up With Other Centers Struggling
- Rangers Sign Mika Zibanejad to 8-Year Extension
- NHL Players of the Week: McDavid, Zibanejad & More
- Rangers’ Zibanejad Compares Well to Former Blueshirt Nedved
- Mika Zibanejad Has a Strong Case to Become Next Rangers Captain
- Ottawa Senators: Revisiting the Mika Zibanejad Trade
- 2009-10 J18 SM Silver Medal
- 2009-10 U17 WHC Bronze Medal
- 2010-11 J20 SM Bronze Medal
- 2010-11 U18 WJC Silver Medal
- 2011-12 U20 WJC Gold Medal
- 2017-18 World Championship Gold Medal