|Born:||February 27, 1994||Draft:||2012 Panthers 23rd Overall|
|National Team:||Canada||Current Team:||Pittsburgh Penguins|
Michael Matheson (born February 27, 1994) is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenseman currently playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League (NHL). Matheson was drafted by the Florida Panthers in the first round, 23rd overall, of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Mike Matheson Statistics
- Q&A With Panthers’ Mike Matheson
- Panthers’ Matheson Poised for Breakout Year
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ 2020-21 Season Awards
- All-Hockey East Rookie Team (2013)
- All-Hockey East Second Team (2014)
- Hlinka Gretzky Cup Gold Medal (2011)
- IIHF World Championships Gold Medal (2016)
- IIHF World Championships Best Defenseman (2016)
- IIHF World Championships Silver Medal (2017)
Lifelong storyteller and experienced hockey reporter that has covered everything from major juniors to the NHL. Worked for various newspapers across Minnesota and North Dakota, and now covering the Colorado Avalanche for THW.