|NHL Affiliate:||New Jersey Devils||Founded:||1932|
|Home Rink:||Adirondack Bank Center||Coach:||Kevin Dineen|
|GM:||Dan MacKinnon||Captain:||Ryan Schmelzer|
The Utica Comets are a professional ice hockey team based in Utica, New York, with home games at the Adirondack Bank Center. They are members of the North Division in the Eastern Conference of the American Hockey League (AHL) and affiliated with the National Hockey League’s (NHL) New Jersey Devils. The team was established when the Vancouver Canucks relocated the AHL franchise to Utica for the 2013–14 season and remained until the 2020–21 season. The Devils then agreed to lease their franchise to the Comets after the Canucks moved their AHL franchise to Abbotsford.
The Comets are the second AHL team to call Utica home; another New Jersey Devils affiliated team, the Utica Devils played in the city from 1987 until 1993. Before the 2021–22 AHL season, the Canucks relocated the franchise used by the Comets to Abbotsford, British Columbia, and the Devils relocated their franchise, the then-Binghamton Devils, to Utica to play as the Comets.
- 3 Comets Who Could Be Devils in 2022-23
- Jordan Subban Faces Obstacles on NHL Journey
- Canucks Call-Ups Making Statements
- Canucks See Big Potential in Prospect Carson Focht
- How Good Can Canucks Prospect Kole Lind Be?
- Comparing Thatcher Demko and Michael DiPietro’s Rookie AHL Seasons
- Darren Archibald is the Beast the Canucks Need
- AHL’s New-Look North Division Ready for Debut
- Canucks Reid Boucher is an AHL Stud
- Utica Comets Experiencing Youth Movement
- Utica Comets Giving Canucks Fans a Team to Cheer For